We look at the role of the tavern and some gorean foods and drinks. Some basics to get your started on Gorean food. First some roleplay in the tavern. Sooo….um, low fat bosk dairy is more unhealthy that full fat bosk dairy. Eating fat doensn’t always mean that you will get fat. Sugar is the main culpret! Low fat bosk dairy has more sugar and will cause … you to get fatter than full fat bosk dairy. The fat also helps the natural sugars from entering into your blood stream super fast keeping your blood sugar more balanced and thus making your healthier!…..smiles….problem is….us panther girls have sweet tooth ❤
The sun was rising, the sounds from the swamps could be heard. Marli sat cross legged at the log fire in the middle of camp. The early morning started with a plan, it had been some moons since Marli had been to a tavern or inn with her slaves. There was a tale of an unfortunate panther with debts……..she had then been enslaved to pay the debt off …..An old saying by Panther Girls was and still is that if a Panther Girl gets collared, then the Panther Girl was truly a slave in her heart already. Marli , looked around to see who was awake , she motioned to one sister to join her.
[09:59] Marli: Tal innkeeper
[09:59] mina smiles “Tal huntresses .. any drink?”
[10:00] Kaylee: Tal
[10:00] pepper: Greetings Mistress
[10:00] mina nods at the girl in greeting
[10:00] Marli nods and grins “aye ….three turian wines ”
[10:01] Kaylee: mmm smiles
[10:01] mina looks around and and counts …”ah for the girl too…. well so” and turns at the counter with vessels
[10:02] mina rinses proper vessels with rep cloth and then cleans a tray also placing them over ..
[10:03] mina takes the vessels one by one and fill s them from tap of barrel with turian, she grabs the tray and turns back at the huntresses [10:03] Kaylee: wisper to perpper: “last time i was so drunk from all the wine..”
[10:03] mina places the tray on counter and slides it at opposite side “you’re lucky, happy hour .. it will be just 2 coppers, huntress”
[10:04] pepper giggles at the Panther beside her “you favor wine to paga?”
[10:04] Kaylee: chuckels
[10:05] Marli winks at mina , she opens her leather purse and drops the coins on the table “here are two coppers” she motions to pepper “serve us girl and then you may drink too”
[10:06] mina smiles sliding the coins into drawer and shuts it “enjoy the wine, huntresses, not many drink turian here … we are famous by our honey mead … but most drink simply paga here”
[10:07] Kaylee: mm sounds delicieus
[10:08] Marli grins at mina “so, tell me the gossip inkeeper…..whats the story between you and the di jans and in particular with their healer ”
[10:08] pepper looks around and sees that there are no low tables so she rises to her feet and glides to the counter to pick up the goblet of the sweet wine. Turns to the blond Mistress and smiles as she lowers back down to her knees on the smooth floor boards. Hold the vessel to her belly for a moment before lifting it above her lower head “i hope this wine and this girl are pleasing to you Mistress”
[10:08] Kaylee: hears marli talks…. seems you know well
[10:09] Marli smiles and takes the wine from the tray “thank you pepper”
[10:10] mina shakes her head shrugging her shoulders “what gossips? the huntress finally paid her debt … she likes to drink much ka-la-na but fortunatelly has no coins … influenced by ka-la-na she would soon end up in collar with her manners”
[10:11] Marli chuckles as that did indeed sound like her, though Marli allways had an interest in debts , even dabbled in collecting them
[10:12] pepper: me beams up at the En before taking the second goblet. Spins around to face the dark haired scout and offers a brilliant smile. Holds the wine to her belly for a moment before lifting it above her head a second time “may this wine make as happy and drunk as it did the last time Huntress”
[10:12] mina smiles “anyway … it was hard to get the coin from her … she repaid finally. She threatened she would bring her sisters to steal my wine … and more”
[10:12] Kaylee: “thank you pepper” takes the other cup in here hands
[10:12] Kaylee: smiles warmly [10:14] Marli sipped at her wine , she peered over the goblet her eyes meeting those of Mina “sounds like you need a plan to deal with that” she smiles “im sure you have thought that over ?”
[10:15] Kaylee: pepper dont forget your wine today smiles
[10:15] Marli nods at pepper as if to say she can
[10:16] pepper blinks “wine for me?? You are too kind Mistress”
[10:16] mina shakes her head “In past I had two di’jan serving here for their debts … or traded by Forest Moons as kajirae …. I don’t want to challenge their sisters will run here and burn the Inn having another one ”
[10:16] Kaylee: grins asking: “it is safe she drinks wine marli?”
[10:17] Marli chuckles “drink slowly pepper and enjoy it”
[10:17] pepper pops up and snatches the goblet from the counter and offers the innkeeper a beaming smile before plopping back to her knees with the thick beverage between her hands”
[10:18] pepper takes a small sip and shuts her eye savoring the sugary taste “Yes Mistress and thank you again”
[10:21] Marli blinks “burn your lovely inn? you serve such good wine , that would be a crime” she purred liking the taste of the wine “well, should the need arise to collect debts……i am interested for a small fee …you understand …..and it will keep your Inn safe ”
[10:22] pepper takes a bigger drink of the wine and licks her lips
[10:23] mina smiles “well, currently the panther is debtless … but I suspect once she breathed the ka-la-na, she will be here again and again … I could offer third part of collected debts, huntress”
[10:23] Kaylee: smiles if she see peppers drink with so much joy
[10:24] Marli grinned , she liked that idea “agreed , for a third of the debts……” she added “I am Marli of the Lunas ”
[10:25] mina continues “as well if you ever have got captives .. I could trade them for you if they would be fitting for further kajirae ….well met Marli of the Lunas, I’m Mina of Luna Pardus … well, of Helmutsport now by scribers”
[10:28] Marli tilted her head to one side , she smiles “well met Mina……i do have captives that wander into the swamps , they are just extra mouths to feed ….so yes if they are slave material i will bring them to your Inn”
[10:28] pepper more focused on the drink in her hands, she is only half listening to the conversation going on beside her. Takes another big gulp
[10:29] mina nods “aye .. I would appreciate … especially if not much busy here and I would have time to work with them ….I have got some experience with taming slaves from my past ”
[10:31] Marli grinned “The Luna Perdus…yes i recall that tribe …..its good to know you can tame the slaves as i dont allways have the time to do so”
[10:32] pepper looks up from her goblet “do you accept male slaves here?”
[10:32] mina nods “aye .. in my past I was a Free companion of trader with slaves …. I seen many people in our cages …”
[10:32] Kaylee: chuckels
[10:33] mina shakes her head “I need women.. males are not as pretty while dancing .. ”
[10:34] pepper focuses back on her drink “yeah they get pretty floppy when they dance.” Sips some more wine
[10:35] Marli laughs and almost hiccus on her wine
[10:35] Marli: *hiccups
[10:35] Kaylee: grins to pepper
[10:36] mina smiles “Turian is pretty heavy drink, be careful, huntresses, not to get it into head too quick”
[10:36] Kaylee: nods yes you can feel it allready
[10:37] Marli wipes her moistened lips “aye , and we dont want to get out of control like some huntress ….whose name i wont mention” she winks at Mina
[10:38] pepper: we tend to have a lot of floppy males that wander too close to our camp and end up captured by the strong Mistresses. But every once and a while there is a female that would make an excellent serving kajira
[10:38] mina giggles “ah sure .. I got used to see terrible things huntresses drinking ka-la-na do in the Inn …sometimes I think i shouldn’t keep kajirae and just to distribute ka-la-na for free to certain huntresses”
[10:40] mina nods “any captive woman in good form can make good kajira .. it’s just less or more work .. but male can’t do kajira …well, maybe some kind of sungery but I fear of blood”
[10:42] pepper sighs “i used to love serving in the taverns of cities i lived in. Perhaps if my Owner is not around sometime, she will allow me to come here to help you at busy times
[10:42] pepper: as long as i go back to her *giggles*
[10:44] mina smiles looking at the kajira “it is many people traveling through, I took the job to meet many people .. so i can ask about my lost sisters”
[10:45] pepper: you lost your sisters? That is terrible
[10:47] mina nods “all the tribe of Luna Pardus … when I returned after time of slavery .. no place they lived was settled .. all empty abandoned long ago”
Tavern on Gor:
A tavern on Gor is a place where men go to talk, drink and have fun with slave girls, also referred to as kajirae. They exist in various styles from dingy & smelling to opulent and in different sizes in practically every city and every village on Gor and Second Life Gor.
They are usually the main social point in a city and the first stop for travelers from other regions, yet one of the busiest places in town.
A tavern consist usually of a guest room where people can sit around low tables or a sandpit where girls dance and show off their bodies, a kitchen and so-called alcoves. Alcoves are basically some sort of bedroom or cave where the men can take the girls for sex. Most taverns offer beverages such as kalana wine, paga (some kind of Gorean whisky) and sometimes black wine (the gorean equivalent to coffee). The price for the use of a slave girl is usually included in the prices for drinks and food. source: http://www.magdalenasiemens.com/gorean-role-play-the-tavern-keeper/
Some foods and drinks you may order in a tavern:
- Ka-la-na: A sweet wine made from the ka-la-na fruit. a strong drink. can be served warm or cool. In Treve some prefer it heated to different degrees. It is made from the grapes of the Ka-la-na plants and some of the best come from the City of Ar.The drink is often a symbolizes romantic love
- Paga: Some is brewed from the Sa-Tarna grain. Some is brewed from the Sul. Sul paga is a strong, clear, lumpy drink.A grain liquor made from Sa-tarna, it is similar to whiskey and is symbolic of physical love
- Kal-da: A beverage, served hot from copper kettles, of cheap ka-la-na wine and the juices of fresh fruits, such as tospit and larma, and spices. Served like beer, it is cheap and will get you drunk eventually, and is actually pretty good, until you get to the bottom of the kettle. Ugh!!
- Tea: A beverage of leaves steeped in hot water. The tea from Bazi is very much like the orange pekoe of Earth. It is served in higher class establishments.
- Chocolate: made from beans brought back on one of the early Voyages of Acquisition, this is the same as the chocolate of Earth. It is served in higher class establishments .
- Black Wine: made from coffee beans brogught back on one of the early Voyages of Acquisition, this is the same as the coffee of Earth. It is best served in the style of the desert; small cups, very hot, thick and sweet Plain blackwine can be had even in lower class establishments .
- Sul: golden brown. Starchy. Tuberous root of the Sul Plant (not unlike the potato on Urth). One way of serving is to break it open and fill it with melted Bosk cheese. Can be distilled into the drink called paga.
- Bosk: This animal closely resembles a Yak of Urth, used for many things on Gor. Can be served roasted and sliced, or as steaks. The milk of the bosk is very drinkable and can be used to make cheese and churned for butter.
- Vulo: A small pidgeon-like bird. Can be cooked and eaten. The very small eggs are cooked for the breakfast meal by frying them in a large, flat pan. Takes several birds or many eggs to make a meal.
- Blackwine: A drink brewed from the bean that grows on the slopes of the Thentis Mountains. It is said that these beans were brought to Gor from an acquisition raid to Urth. They are very similar to the coffee bean of Urth. Served steaming hot.
- Yellow Bread: See Sa-Tarna Bread.
- Larma Fruit: A sweet fruit. It is served sliced.
- Tospits: The tospit is yellow in color. Small, peach-like fruit that is about the size of a plum. They are bitter, but edible. Often they are dried and candied.
- Sa-Tarna: A grain, yellow in color. It is a staple of Gor. It is brewed into Paga. It is also ground and used to bake the Sa-Tarna Bread that is a staple food at every Gorean meal. The bread is a rounded, flat loaf that is yellow in color. It is marked, before baking, into six sections.
- Tarsk: This meat is roasted. On way to prepare it is stuffed with Suls and Peppers from the City of Tor.
- Peas: These are mentioned as a menu item, but not described.
- Olives: These are commonly from the City of Tor. (referred to as Torian Olives.
- Cheese: Can be made from the milk of the Bosk or the Verr.
- Verr: A goat-like animal. The meat can be eaten. It’s milk can be used for drinking or the making of cheese and butter.
- Butter: Churned from the milk of the Bosk or the Verr.
- Red Olives: These come from the groves of Tyros.
- Cosian Wingfish: Called so for it’s ability to “fly” above the waters of Thassa for short distances. It’s livers are considered a delicacy.
- Tur-Pah. It is an unknown type vegetable.
- Parsit Fish: Slender, striped.
- Dates: These come from the City of Tor.