Welcome to Lake Ias Gorean Sim, Please read our rules and respect them. Ignorance is no excuse! Men/Women/Outlaws/Female Outlaws/Panthers/Slaves/Kurii/Gorean Animals ALL WELCOME
IMPORTANT: DO NOT raid for the purposes of just Pew Pewing, we are an rp first sim if you come and down please continue the role play and take captives. Leaving behind everybody without taking a captive will be frowned at and possibly result in a group ban. Residents come here to be role-played not to be downed and left without an afterthought… ***NOTE*** this doesn’t apply to rescues. If you come to rescue this is nulled… Also mock raids are fine and other games, but must be pre arranged.
A. Quick Sim Rules B. Quick Raid Rules C. Quick Slave Rules D. Quick Fem-law Rules E. Quick Animal Rules F. Quick Kurii Rules G. Quick Kill Rules H. Quick Weapons
Main Rule: Have Fun! Please don’t gripe about someone’s RP level. We have beginner to advance Role-players here give the newer ones a chance! ALSO USE COMMON SENSE! If it doesn’t seem possible to do in reality, then don’t use the limitations of SL to exploit to your advantage! And finally, be respectful to the players around you they are here for a good time as well. If something is a small infraction and probably won’t change the outcome of the role-play, then it’s NOT worth arguing about or seeking a mod… MAJOR RULE A: Use common Sense!!!!
A. Quick Sim Rules:
1. Safe zone is safe for 5 minutes to rez. Beyond that there is no safety 2. NO Tarn or other physical objects ride-able… They cause massive lag.
3. Fires/Grapples are allowed. Use ONLY Touch Die Objects. ((Please don’t abuse Fires. Use 3-5 to get point across more will be considered Griefing… No Fire arrows…))
4. Mountains that have a sign that says no grappling is NO grappling.
5. Rivers/Large lake – IF your avatar is completely underwater you cannot shoot your bow or swing a sword effectively, nor can you bind captives. Captors can RP dragging the unconscious to shore. If it is Role-Played you must accept TP or be considered Auto Capture by Mod. Requires 1 line of Role-play 10 words or greater to pull an unconcious player from the water
6. RP limits – As Long as it doesn’t take away from the theme of the Sim. No limits such as No Force collar or nudity or Death … Tough, this is Gor that happens in Gor. If something bothers you, please IM your captor and discuss, and don’t get dramatic and TP out or cause a scene in IC chat.
7. Exits from Sim- The exits points are the same as the entry points. Also you may leave via adjacent sim’s at their determined port of exits.
B. Quick Raid Rules:
1. Gorean Meter Only – Fighting without a meter or fighting in AFK, Arena, or OOC will be ruled auto-capture.
2. Sheaths: Sheaths must be worn for weapons the player intends to use. Most if not all weapon’s makers include low lag sheaths and SL provides multiple attachment points.
3. Rescue Time: 1 hour from Last captured person.
4. Resetting/Detaching meter: This is not allowed unless a mod gives you permission.
5. NO Jumping in Combat, NO Displacement AO’s, NO speed enhancers, NO NON GM meter Shields, NO fighting with captive leashed.
6. Draw Distance: 200 meters – This is a forest setting. With the trees of a forest seeing great distances is limited.
7. Max 3 groups allowed We don’t Accept Super Allied Groups.
7a. Mirrored Ratio… The ratio allowed is by the group with the lowest ratio of the group that raids Be reasonable if 3 or 4 people are in camp dont bring 20+.
8. Exiting with captives: Taking a captive from this sim requires 1 full emote. Captives must be taken to full combat sim’s that allow panther’s to raid. Rescue time for those taken is 1 hour from sailing.
9. NO Birds Allowed
10. No TP’ing out during combat. If you do you must wait 30 minutes before you can return
11. Self Unbinding – No Self unbinding during combat… Combat ends the moment the very last person bubbled is tied up.. Checkable by Sim GM Stats times… IF no combat.. 15 minutes 5 lines with a visible weapons sheath.. No hidden weapons allowed…Capture knots are supposed tobe unescapable.. But if we miss a visible sheath then you can use to unbind 12. Aiding: 3 emotes
13. Disarming: 1 emotes for each visible weapons.
14. Binding: 3 Emotes
15. Unbinding others: 3 emote – You cannot unbind someone if you are tied up yourself or unconscious.
16. Grappling: 3 lines Shouted 17. Lock Picking: All Locks can be picked therefore no prim pass through allowed. Due to proximity sensors in the door No RP required to pick locks. 18. Stealing Keys: 1 emote for searching and stealing the keys
19. No running or constant walking when you are fully bound. 20. Residents that awake mid-battle may enter battle to fight. Those that choose to log out only to log in to break this rule will be sim banned for 3 days. (Checkable by Login Notices)
21. Residents may only join a battle if they are on Lake Ias sim as an active player. If you come from off-sim or are in afk mode you must stay that way for duration of the battle.
22. Escapes: If nobody is role-playing with you for a time of 15 minutes and residents are standing around while you wait for rp, then you may begin role-playing your escape. If being tied up or caged is a part of the scene then you must wait caged or inform your captor that you will return later to finish RP if nobody is around to continue the role-play. 23. If the raiding group is a part of the continent Lake Ias is attached to, then the role-play timer begins when the last captive has crossed the sim border. Though, I would strongly urge groups to exit via the docks so issues don’t arise.
C. Slaves: Slaves may be armed, but will do so at their own risk if permitted by their owners. If a slave is armed, ANY free can, under Gorean law may slay the slave regardless of what their owner permits. Don’t cry to an Admin, please keep things IC and do what a Gorean would do. Kill the slave for wielding a free weapon.
D. Female Raiders: Yes we allow them! They not permitted to wear or use men’s weapons. Examples are large bows, swords or large axes… They are allowed to fight with normal bows, spears, daggers, scimitars, small hatchets, pins and poisons approved on the weapon list provided. Any combative woman showing too much skin or dressing more like a slave can be collared by any Free.
E. Gorean Animals: Yes Allowed They can use the Beast Gorean Meter or Normal Gorean meter. They can be killed per the same rules for killing listed below. Though, I would encourage attempts to role-play first
F. Kurii: Allowed – It’s really difficult for Panthers to bind Kurri properly or even drag one to camp if they captured one, nor could they most likely role-play one… Don’t gripe on how you are role-played. It’s really a hard combination not many Kurri spoke native Gorean… Don’t gripe just role-play. If a Kurii is tied up with ropes. They can Unbind with 3 solid lines of roleplay. However, Chains used will result in the same Unbinding rule stated above in the Raid Rules Kurii’s can be killed as well and must adhere to the same killing rules listed below.
G. Killing: Kills are Five (5) Complete Descriptive Posts and only after and at the end of 30 Min of active RP. Kills that are for personal reasons not related to RP will result in an Estate wide ban. There MUST be a good reason for kills, because you’re bored is not a good enough reason! Go get your kicks else where please. There is a limit, of one killing per Group per day. No mass killing sprees allowed and such could result in a Permanent sim ban. Assassinations will be carried out by Black Caste assassins ONLY wearing the appropriate mark (there is NO such thing as a FEMALE assassin). There will be NO interfering with an assassin going about his business if he is wearing a mark. Should he fail in his task he does NOT require 30 minutes RP before his death, should you decide to kill him.
Suicides – Suicides are quite frowned upon and terrible way for RP we do not condone it… If you choose to role-play a suicide, it’s a 7 day death on sim… Returning before then in IC mode will ban you for the duration of the time. Those that rp death to wiggle out of rp will be treated the same as committing suicide. Example instant death from battle wounds or drowning etc will receive a 7 day banishment from sim per mod discresson. Give your captors a chance to heal. If your captor continues to ignore, please IM them kindly first and be sure they are aware the consequences before finishing out… Then the death will be need to-be approved by a moderator before finalized as a normal 24 hour death
H. Quick Weapons -Refer to weapons list -Women Max 35% damage – Small Crossbows for women are fine. They are exactly same damage and speed as a normal bow. If GM team decides to change dynamics and make them do more damage than this might change -Weapons must be similar to weapons found in the Books of Gor. Priest kings kept control of weapons technology so nothing NON Gorean here -No friendly Fire weapons
Thank you Las Lakes Management